Picnic Roll or Dutch Sausage Roll <Saucijzenbroodje> is a combination of egg and sausage meat wrapped in puff pastry. Delicious eaten hot or cold making it ideal for a Summer picnic snack.
The meat fillings are up to your own preference. In this recipe, we use minced beef mixed with corned beef. You can also add cheese to make it more tasty!
1. Puff pastry dough/sheet
2. Meat fillings (250 gr minced beef and corned beef)
3. Boiled eggs
4. Eggs to brush the pastry puff dough
5. Brown onion
6. Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Combine minced beef, corned beef and chop onions, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Boil eggs and cut into slices
- Defrost puff pastry dough for 10 minutes
- Take 1 sheet and brush the pastry dough with eggs
- Place thick layer meat fillings on the bottom half of the pastry dough
- Place boiled eggs and cheese (optional) on top of the meat fillings layer
- Cover the eggs with more meat fillings
- Fold the pastry dough
- Use fork to press the sides and the top to let the hot air out during baking
- Brush dough with egg
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes at 200 degree celcius
- Let it cool and cut into 5 slices
- Ready to serve, garnish with salad, cucumber or tomatoes and drizzle with Cafe 26 Tangy Salad Dressing!
Click below link to watch the video: